The purpose of LiveWIRE Nigeria is to provide opportunities for young people to realise their potential through the creation and development of their own businesses. Such businesses contribute towards a buoyant economy, populating the communities with more fulfilled young people.
Essentially, the programme provides:
- Entrepreneurship training – Intensive training using LiveWIRE modules;
- Support to youths to discover and develop business ideas through 'Bright Ideas Workshop';
- Business planning and management guidelines and skill through the Become A Successful Owner Manager Course (BSOM);
- Business development services: e.g. supporting beneficiaries to formalize their businesses;
- Business start-up grant capital to enable business set-up;
- Business mentorship programme - links beneficiaries to mentors on relevant line of business. Mentors can be drawn from oil, gas, banking, social and voluntary sectors;
- Opportunity for youths to pitch their business ideas to possible investors;
- Opportunity for linkage to finance from financial institutions e.g. Grofin Aspire Small Loan Fund;
- Opportunity to participate in global award programmes e.g. Let's Go Trade; Shell Top Ten Innovators, etc.,
- Opportunity to participate in national award programmes e.g. Young Business Leaders Award;
In 2017, Anpez was commissioned as the consultant to manage the 2017 Livewire training programme. In course of the Livewire programme we interfaced with well over 800 youths and trained a total of 200.